Effective as of October 20, 2021
If you are a Nevada Resident, California Resident, or a data subject in Europe, please see respectively the “Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents,” “Additional Disclosures for California Residents,” and “Additional Disclosures for People in Europe” sections below. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND SOURCES
We collect information about you when you use the Services, including information you provide when you register an account, update your profile, access our content, make a purchase, participate in a promotion, contact customer support, or apply for a job. This information may include personal information.
The information that we collect, how we collect the information, and how we use and share that information, including the categories of information we collect and have collected in the last 12 months:
Information You Provide To Us:
- Profile Data. We collect information including your interests, inferences, preferences and favorites.
- Content. We collect information regarding the content you post or send as part of our Services, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly post on the Services (such as in product reviews or article comments). We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other users through the Services (such as when you reply to a comment on one of our articles). We will, however, never use or share such information for direct marketing purposes.
- Job Applicant Data. We collect information when you apply for a job, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
- Viewing Information. In certain circumstances, we may need to share information about the videos you view on our Services along with other information we have about you, including information you have provided to us (such as your name or address) and information we have automatically collected (such as IP address, device identifier, or precise location data) with Service Providers, Vendors, Affiliates, or Partners. By using the Services, you consent to our doing so, including the collection, use, and sharing as described in this policy.
Other Information You Voluntarily Provide.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically From You.
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Services, which may include personal information. The categories of information we automatically collect and have collected in the last 12 months includes:
- Service Use Data. This includes data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id.
- Geo-locational Information. Certain features and functionalities of the Platform may be based on your location. Collection of this information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such information by adjusting your browser settings, in which case we will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
Information Automatically Collect When you use the Services
We use various current – and later – developed tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Services, including the following:
- Cookies. Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit our Website to collect information that identifies your computer. This comprises information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, and what sections of our Platform you visit (the “usage information”). Pixels. Pixels are also known as web beacons, code embedded in a website, video, email or advertisement that sends information about your use to a server. Pixels are used in combination with cookies to track activity by a particular browser on a particular device.
- App Technologies. These app technologies included in our apps are not browser-based, such as cookies, and they cannot be controlled by browser settings. SDKs allow us to track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Services, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Services with your social media account.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. These technologies are used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our App. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
Information from Other Sources
We also collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
- Consumers or users of the Services
- Data brokers or resellers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Services, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
Aggregate or De-Identified Data.
In an ongoing effort to better understand users of our Website, App and Platform and the Products, we might use information, including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our Website, App, Platform or Products. This aggregated or de-identified information does not identify you personally. We may use and share this aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For more information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Social Media and Technology Integrations.
Purpose of Collection and Use.
- Provide our Website, App, Platform and related support;
- Process and ship Product orders;
- Perform services requested by you, such as respond to general inquiries, comments, questions, requests, and provide customer service;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Develop and provide you direct marketing and relevant content on our Website, App and Platform, including advertisements regarding products and services of ours or other entities, and communications about our and other entities’ products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services;
- Conduct promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries;
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
Sharing Your Information.
- Third Parties. We share information with third parties for commercial and/or marketing purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section above. We may also share your information with third parties when you voluntarily enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion. We share information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name in advertising or marketing materials.
- Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, and technical operations. We also share information with affiliates for commercial purposes.
- Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Business Transfers. We share information in the event of, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar corporate event, the sale of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Disclosure to Public Authorities. We may be required to share information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including in response to law enforcement requests or court orders and subpoenas. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Services or anyone else.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We share your usage and contact information with third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, such as technology services for ad distribution and ad optimization (defined as the tailoring, targeting (i.e., behavioral, contextual, and retargeting), analyzing, managing, reporting, and optimizing of ads).
You may opt-out of the tailoring of advertising based on information we collect. We also use technology services (for example, Google Adwords) to advertise to users of our Platform on websites owned or operated by other entities. This means that we advertise to previous visitors to the Website who have not completed a task on the Website, such as leaving un-purchased items in your shopping cart. For Google Adwords, you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
We also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Services or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). For example, We do this by uploading a customer list to a technology service or incorporating a pixel from technology service into our own Service, and the technology service matching common factors between our data and their data These technology services may act as our service provider and in some cases may retain our list for their matching purposes.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have many rights and choices regarding the data we collect about you, including the right to opt out of us sharing certain data about you.
Opt-Out of Sharing.
You may submit a request to opt-out of us sharing your information with third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, such as technology services (when they are not acting merely as our service providers) for ad distribution, ad optimization (defined as the tailoring, targeting (i.e., behavioral, contextual, and retargeting), analyzing, managing, reporting, and optimizing of ads), or list matching.
To opt-out, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Account Information Choices.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to use through your account by visiting your account settings or sending an email to the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Tracking Technologies Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor, recognize or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms including general web browner, “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com .
- App and Location Technologies. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. You can also reset your device Ad Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. You can stop all collection of precise location data through an app by uninstalling the app or withdrawing your consent through your device settings.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Services may not function correctly.
Choices Regarding Our Communications With You.
- Opt-Out for Direct Marketing; Email Management. You may opt-out at any time from the receiving marketing and non-transactional emails from us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. You may also opt-out of and manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” and “Manage Email Preferences” links located on the bottom of any Française marketing email and following the instructions found on the page to which the link takes you. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your Registered User account, any Product orders, or Française’s ongoing business relations.
- Push Notifications. If you have opted-in to receive push notifications on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting the permissions in your device or uninstalling our app.
- Text Messages and Calls. You can opt-out of receiving text messages or calls to your phone number at any time by (i) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message your receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt-out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
To opt out of us using your data for Matched Ads or other third-party sharing for advertising and/or marketing purposes, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt-out of matched ads. We will request that the applicable technology service not serve you matched ads based on information we provide to it.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We implement reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards designed to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such information, and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
Our servers are located in the US and the information we collect is governed by US law. If you are accessing the Services from outside of the US, please be aware that any information collected through the Services, including personal information, will be transferred, processed, stored, and used in the US and other jurisdictions. Data protection laws in the US and other jurisdictions may be different from those of your country of residence.
HOW TO CONTACT US
E-mail us at email@example.com;
Or write to us at:
Française Shop LLC. 1037 Orange Ave., Coronado CA 92118
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS.
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
Notice of Collection.
As described in this Policy, and as set forth below, we collect the following categories of personal information, as enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Customer records, billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card information.
- Demographics, such as your age or gender. This category includes data that may qualify as protected classifications under other California or federal laws.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Services.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Services.
- Audio or visual data, including pictures or vides you post on our Services.
- Geolocation data, including location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Employment and education data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
Review Information. Please review the Information Collection and Use section above for more information on, in the preceding 12 months, (1) how we have used and may use your personal information; (2) who we shared your personal information with; and (3) what sources we obtained your personal information from. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the Purpose of Collection and Use section, including to provide and manage our Services.
Some of our sharing may be a “sale” under the CCPA, which you have a right to Opt Out, as explained below. Française discloses the following categories of personal information for commercial purposes: identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, internet activity, geolocation data and inferences. We use and partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage our Service..
Right to Know and Delete.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To facilitate your exercise of these rights, You may email us at email@example.com for more information. We will not use the information you provide as part of your request for any other purpose other than to fulfill your request.
In any emailed request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
Right to Opt-Out.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information by us to third parties at any time (and non-California residents may exercise the opt-out rights described above in this Policy). You may submit a request to opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We participate in the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s CCPA Compliance Framework for Publishers & Technology Companies (“IAB Framework”). This means that where you exercise your right to opt-out of the sale your personal information, to the extent we sell your personal information in order to deliver ads tailored to your interests, we will notify downstream participants of the IAB Framework that receive personal information about you to only use your personal information for the limited purposes that are permitted under the IAB Framework.
We are not, however, responsible for any downstream participants’ compliance with the IAB Framework or the accuracy of their privacy policies or statements regarding their opt-out options or programs.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
Financial incentives are programs, benefits, or other offerings, including payments to consumers as compensation, for the disclosure, deletion, or sale of personal information about them.
We may offer discounted prices to consumers who sign up to be on our mailing lists, or provide promotional discounts for participating in our “Refer a Friend” program. In the “Refer a Friend” program you will receive $20 in shop credit when your friends register with Française and make their first purchase of $100 or more via your personal link. All credits are subject to review and approval per our terms of service, and may be subject to minimum purchase restrictions. You are only eligible to receive shop credit for the first ten people who use your referral code. After that you may still refer your friends and family, but you will not be eligible to receive additional shop credit.
Shine the Light.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year . If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at email@example.com specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR DATA SUBJECTS IN EUROPE.
Data protection laws in Europe distinguish between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”).
Française acts as a controller with respect to personal data collected as you interact with our websites, emails, and advertisements.
Lawful Basis for Processing.
Data protection laws in Europe require a “lawful basis” for processing personal data. Our lawful bases include where: (a) you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes, either to us or to our service providers, partners; (b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; (c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (d) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
If your data is collected in Europe, we will transfer your personal data subject to appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses, or pursuant to applicable derogations such as your consent to data transfer or our need to transfer your data for purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you and providing you services.
Your Data Subject Rights
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us. Please allow us a reasonable time to respond to your inquiries and requests. You may exercise your rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond to your request within 30 days. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your requests. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data in a form that identifies you to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We may continue to retain and use information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, such as journalism, literature and art, scientific or historical research, statistical analysis, compliance with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, preventing fraud, and enforcing our agreements.
If you have a complaint about our use of your personal data or response to your requests regarding your personal data, you may submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you approach a data protection regulator, and would welcome you directing an inquiry first to us. To do so, please email us at email@example.com.